After Brow Lift Surgery
First 10 Days After Brow Lift Surgery
- You will experience a certain amount of swelling and bruising in the 10-day period following surgery. In some patients, this condition may include the cheek and eye area as well as the forehead. You will be advised to keep your head elevated in order to reduce swelling. Cold compresses may further reduce swelling.
- As the incisions heal, you may experience some numbness as well as itching, both of which will diminish with time.
- The sutures are usually removed within seven to 10 days following surgery.
- If bandages have been used, they are removed in one to three days.
- For most patients, the recovery time will not exceed two weeks, but patients may still be advised to avoid strenuous activities for longer periods. Any prolonged bruising can be camouflaged with standard make-up techniques.